Understanding End Times (Part 3+4)
- After the catching away or rapture of the church, we will be with the Lord in heaven. Then when He returns to earth for His second coming, we will come with Him.
- Let me share two things that will occur in heaven while we are there before the second prophesied coming of Christ.
- We’ll all stand before the judgment seat of Christ, but not to be judged or punished for our sins. Christ atoned for our sins through His shed blood on Calvary’s tree.
- The judgment seat is the “Bema” seat, referring to the judge’s seat in the Olympic Games . . . where the judge would sit not to punish but to present rewards to the victors.
- This judgment seat is not for the world. It is judgment for believers—not about our salvation, but how we lived our life, whether we obeyed God, whether we used our time wisely, and whether we sought to fulfill our calling.
- The world applauds a person’s gifting, but the Lord sees to the core of all things. He sees motivation, character, and faithfulness. He looks at the secret motivations of the heart behind what we do.
- Jesus Christ is our firm foundation upon which to build our lives. Yet no reward is given if what we built gets burned up on that day when the truth is brought to light.
- Those that fight, finish, and keep will receive a reward.
- There is a crown of rejoicing, which is the soul-winner’s crown that people get for supporting the work of the gospel and sharing Christ.
- There is a crown of life for being faithful through times of temptation and persecution, even if it may cost you your life.
- There is a crown of glory that comes from faithfully fulfilling your calling to serve others.
- We will be judged at the Bema seat for how we treated others, whether we forgave the way Christ forgave us, our words, and our involvement in the Great Commission.
- Christ’s last command should be our first priority. The number one thing on His heart is lost humanity, and you need to be praying, speaking up, and sharing your faith.
- Could someone else take my crown—my reward, authority, honor, and glory in the Lord? The only way is if I do not do what I am supposed to do so the other person has to do it.
- I don’t know exactly what is going to happen at the marriage supper of the Lamb, but it is going to be very cool.
- Meanwhile, back on earth, the rise of a wicked world political leader called the Antichrist will have taken place.
- The Antichrist will be aided by a world religious leader whom Scripture calls the false prophet. Both are in league with and controlled by Satan.
- The Antichrist is against Christ because he is a false Christ.
- The whole world will follow the Antichrist and worship him.
- There is something restraining the Antichrist and wickedness from fully coming into play. The Holy Spirit is the restrainer, indirectly, but the Holy Spirit will not leave the earth during the time of the tribulation period. People will still be getting saved at that time, which does not happen without the Holy Spirit’s influence. So I believe it’s the church’s presence that restrains the Antichrist and wickedness.
- When God’s church is caught up to meet the Lord in the clouds, then that which restrains will be taken out of the way. Then the son of perdition, the Antichrist, will come and fulfill his role.
- At that time, the world will go into a period Jesus called the great tribulation.
- Some think the great tribulation will be seven years, where others think it will be three-and-a-half.
- The great tribulation will be a terrible time for humanity. Yet many will come to faith in Christ.
- It is when the Antichrist leads his armies against Jerusalem to annihilate it that Christ will return to the earth. This is also referred to as the battle of Armageddon.
- After that, Satan will be bound for a thousand years. Christ will establish His millennial kingdom and reign as King of all the earth.
- Someone asks, “Why does Satan get let loose after a thousand years?” I do not know. We are not told.
- During those thousand years, there will be no more war. It will be a time of great prosperity and peace throughout the whole world. Animals will no longer be dangerous. Jesus will be here physically on earth, ruling and reigning the whole earth.
- It is interesting to consider that after the devil gets released at the end of the thousand-year period, many will actually be deceived by him. Even after a thousand years of peace with Christ physically present on the earth, people will still choose to reject and turn against Him, not wanting Him.
- Then the last great battle will be a very short one. The devil will be thrown into the lake of fire forever and ever, never to deceive or influence anyone again.
- Then will come a resurrection, but not of the just. It will be a resurrection of the unjust. They will come to stand before God, and books will be opened that apparently reveal everything about their life and probably every opportunity they had to turn their heart to God and have their name written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
- Even Death and Hades (hell) will give up their dead.
- Hell is not a permanent place. It is a holding compartment for those that reject Christ and do not want to go to heaven.
- If you don’t want Christ in your life for 50–80 years here on earth, you’re not going to want Him for eternity.
- God will come at last to dwell with us forever and ever.
- At His first coming, Jesus came as Savior to extend mercy. When He comes back again, it will not be as advocate, but judge.
- Right now, there is mercy, favor, grace, forgiveness, and restoration available. Yet that door will not be open forever.
End Time Events Explained – Part 1
We may very well be living in the end of the end times, the closing minutes on God’s clock before Christ returns.
The signs of the end that Jesus told us to watch for are not just beginning to happen… they have already been happening.
So, how exactly will things play out from here? What will the world (and our lives) look like leading up to and following Jesus’ triumphant return?
Bayless Conley answers these and other important questions, providing a succinct timeline from the Bible. Watch and get the encouraging answers you need!
Do you want answers delivered right to your inbox?
Sign up to receive FREE daily devotionals and updates from Bayless.